- Puyo, CA, Tricomi SM, Dahms TE. Early Biochemical Markers of Inflammation in a Swine Model of Endotracheal Intubation. Anesthesiology. 2008 Jul;109(1):88-94.
- Puyo, CA, Tricomi SM Dahms TE. Acute inflammation of the human trachea. In preparation for Chest.
- Dahms TE, Tricomi SM and Puyo CA. Measurement of Tracheal Inflammation comparison of lavage with aspiration of mucous. In preparation.
- Puyo CA, Tricomi SM Dahms TE. Role of infection in the inflammatory response to intubation in swine. In preparation.
- Puyo C, Dahms T, Tricomi S, Vogler G, Comunale M. Tracheal Inflammation during Endotracheal Intubation. Abstract # A733 accepted and presented October 15, 2006. American Society of Anesthesiologists, Annual Meeting Chicago, IL
- Puyo C, Dahms T, Tricomi S. Trachea Inflammation during Endotracheal Intubation. Abstract presented. American College of Chest Physicians, Annual Meeting Salt Lake, Utah. Supplement Chest 130(4):228S, Oct 25, 2006.
- Puyo C, Dahms T, Tricomi S. Cytokine Activation during Endotracheal Intubation. Abstract accepted Poster presentation. Supplement Society of Critical Care Medicine, 36th Annual Meeting Orlando, FL, February 2007. December 2006/volume 34/number12 A42/ 164.
- Puyo CA, Tricomi S, Dahms TE. Tracheal Inflammatory Markers are Correlated with Time of Endotracheal intubation. Abstract Submitted and Accepted #1270 - International Research Anesthesia Society-IARS, San Francisco, March 31, 2008.
- Puyo CA, Tricomi S, Dahms TE. Inflammation in Tracheal Intubation: Human and a Swine Model. American Thoracic Society. Abstract #535 Presented. Toronto, May 2008
- Puyo CA, Tricomi S, Dahms TE. Endotracheal Versus Mask Ventilation: Effects on Airway Inflammation. American College of Chest Physicians, Annual Meeting- Abstract presented in Slide form. Philadelphia, October 27, 2008
- Puyo CA, Tricomi S, Dahms TE. Laryngeal Mask Airway is Associated with Fewer Tracheal Inflammatory Cells and Cytokines Than Endotraceal Tube in Short-term Anesthesia in Swine. Submitted to The IARS, San Diego, CA, 2009
- Puyo CA, Tricomi S, Dahms TE. ----------Presented at the American Thoracic Society Conference, San Diego, CA, 2009
- Puyo CA. Diagnostic and Treatment Issues in Primary Pulmonary Hypertension. The Resident Reporter, Society of Critical Care Medicine, San Francisco, June 1999; 13-18. Puyo CA. Thrombocytopenia. Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2001 Winter; 39(1):17-34.
Puyo CA, Lisbon A. Management of the Postoperative Cardiac Surgical Patient. In: Irwin RS, Rippe JM, editors. Irwin and Rippe’s Intensive Care Medicine. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins; 2003; 1637-1651.
- Puyo CA. Antiplatelet Therapy, new and old. Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2004 Summer;42(3):95-102. Review.
- Puyo CA, Gentilello LM. Alcohol Withdrawal in Polytraumatized Patients. Trauma Textbook. 2004.
- Lasky M., Puyo CA, Update in ARDS. Mo Med. 2005 Sep-Oct;102(5):469-74. Review. Puyo CA. Mycoplasma Pneumoniae Infection. Essence of anesthesia Practice. Editors: Fleisher LA, Roizen MF. Third edition ( in press). 2010.